Now Hiring: Executive Assistant
The Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) public charity headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin. The mission of the Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation is to champion community risk reduction initiatives; promote fire safety and prevention; and deliver meaningful support to burn survivors, fire fighters, and communities. Our mission is accomplished through four areas of programming; Burn Survivor Support, Fire Prevention, Fire Fighter Support, and Community Support.
The Fire Fighters Foundation continues to grow and is seeking a qualified individual to grow with us. The Chairman, Board of Directors, and Executive Director are looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded professional. The successful hire must be able to deliver measurable, cost-effective results that impact our mission and the people we serve. Importantly, the successful hire will share our core values of public service, dedication, compassion, and courage; as well as, have the skills and personal confidence to work efficiently and effectively both independently and with a team.
The Executive Assistant is a key member of the Fire Fighter Foundation’s team and is responsible for assisting key organization staff, volunteers, and committees with scheduling, organization, and administrative tasks. As a growing non-profit with limited staff, the successful hire will be accountable for some programming and development responsibilities in addition to general and administrative duties. This role, under the direction of, and in collaboration with the Executive Director, will perform more than administrative tasks and are often the executive’s “right-hand person” who enables them to advance organizational initiatives and goals. They filter and attend to the day-to-day functions that are part of the executive’s role so that the executive can focus on the high-level leadership and strategy functions. This is a full-time in-person salary position, normal office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday, with occasional nights and weekends also required.
- Work directly with the Executive Director to support all aspects of their daily work routine.
- Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar(s), including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel arrangements. Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
- Serve as a liaison between the Executive Director, Board of Directors, other staff, volunteers, committees, and the public. This includes receiving and screening the Executive Director’s communications and appointments, answering a variety of questions with tact and diplomacy, taking messages, and directing appropriately for resolution.
- Coordinate work with other PFFWCF staff as needed; play a key role in the coordination of efforts both within and outside the organization.
- Provide coordination, monitoring, and communication of projects and programs managed by the PFFWCF.
- Assist the Executive Director in the development of reports, presentations, and documents.
- Determine priority of matters of attention for the Executive Director; redirect matters to staff, volunteers, and committees to handle and/or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
- Keep the Executive Director advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Routinely perform a wide variety of support duties including database management, printing, shipping, copying, filing, and email/messages.
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems.
- Attend meetings and take notes of discussion; prepare the initial draft of minutes and summaries.
- Other additional and/or alternative duties as assigned from time to time, including occasional overnight travel, evenings, and weekends.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS SUMMARY
A successful candidate will first and foremost have a passion for our mission with exemplary time management skills and the ability to identify and anticipate the executive’s needs. Also, as a prerequisite, the successful hire must believe in the core values of the Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation and be driven by the mission. The hire should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to impact our mission and people we serve. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has proven experience and demonstrated ability to work with the capabilities of a driven, bright, and diverse team. To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion. In addition, the candidate must be highly detail-oriented and possess an ability to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and be adept at adjusting to the changing priorities of a small but nimble team.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five years’ prior experience is preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Experience with project management tools and donor databases is a plus
- Familiarity with our organization, our programming, the fire service, and/or the nonprofit sector is a plus
- Ability to work with diverse colleagues with varying specialties.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; A team player with outstanding judgment, highly developed analytical abilities, interpersonal skills, and the ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to grow and assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. The Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation offers a competitive benefits package and a salary between $45,769.26 and $53,383.01 with automatic annual increases for inflation.
To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume to Mike@pffwcf.org. Include “Executive Assistant Job Application” in the subject line. Interviews with the Executive Director will be scheduled at a mutually agreed to time. In-person interviews with our Personnel Committee, Executive Committee, and/or Chairman may also take place at a mutually agreed to time. This hiring process will remain open until this position is filled.
Please call Executive Director Michael Wos for more information (414) 430-3697.