Fire Safety Teacher Essay Contest – Win up to $1,500!
Calling all Wisconsin Teachers
The Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity serving as champions for burn survivors, fire fighters, and safe communities statewide. We are calling on teachers to help us prevent fires and burn injuries by writing an educational essay highlighting fire safety in your classroom, school, or community. Our annual Fire Safety Teacher Essay Contest is open until the end of the year.
Teachers are invited to write a one-page essay that covers the following topics:
- Describes how you used the content from the newspaper in your classroom.
- Explains how you have been incorporating fire safety into your lesson plans throughout the year.
- Describes how you would use the award money to further promote fire safety in your classroom, school, or community.
- Or choose a fire safety topic unique to your classroom or school.
- Optional: include a photograph of a fire safety themed bulletin board you put together to accompany your essay.
Winners will be awarded $500 to $1,500
Please submit your essay by December 31st, 2021 by email to or by mail to PFFWCF at 321 E Main St, Suite 200 Madison, WI 53703. Essays must be postmarked by December 31, 2021.
For more information, check out our Fire Safety Newspapers in Education.